Blog Design

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WRITING...taking chances

So, did you all know that Janae Allbee writes books??? Well, at least someday she will, right now she has chapters coming together and has let me read them. Very brave of her. It is hard to let someone read something you have written, you never know what they will think.

So, I need to get over my fear of what people will think of my writing if I want to be a published author someday. I wrote a few poems in April - National Poetry month. I got ideas from Poetic Asides blog that had different prompts to help get writing.

So here goes...I reveal myself to you!

Prompt #1: Firsts

My First Death

How does one prepare for death to appear?
It came so sudden.
I was left to make sense of something that didn’t have sense.
What do I do now?
My first death.

Prompt #2: Put yourself in someone (or something) else's skin and write a poem about the experience

RAIN #1


Falling fast,
falling hard,
falling soft,
falling.

RAIN #2


I come from so high I see everything before I land. SPLAT!

RAIN #3

As I fall I meet
clouds,
birds,
buildings,
flags,
lights,
cars,
umbrellas,
jackets,
boots,
cement,
flowers,
dirt.

I feel the sun.

I rise up.

I fall again.

What an adventure!

Prompt #3: HAIKU

Strong tall mountain,
made with small tiny rocks,
together strong tall mountain.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Tam!
Take your chances! You are great at this! :) I can't wait to read your children's books some day soon!

Jill Duncan said...

You're talented,I'm impressed!!!

-I tagged you on my blog