Blog Design

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Brags Rags Boutique

So, I have picked up an old hobby...sewing.

A few years back I started making some Burp Rags, which I call BRAGS (burp+rags=Brags).

I started up again and actually just sold some on etsy.com. Etsy is a great place for fun handcrafted items.

So, the lady who bought my Brags wanted a matching blanket and here is the final product. She really loved it, which made me feel great. The Brags have a satin edge and the blanket has satin and Minky sides with satin edging. Thank goodness a friend had an embroidery machine which she kindly let me use to embroider the girl's name.



I also sold a pillow cover from some fun Novelty fabric. This pillow is a way for me to attract more money into our lives...hopefully Jeff will get a job offer here in the next month.



I have many more ideas for things I want to create...just need an embroidery machine, Serger and an maybe an appliqué creator. Such a small wish list, right???

Check out my little shop at bragsragsboutique.etsy.com

4 comments:

Britanny said...

I have also found that I really like sewing! I mostly enjoy sewing little girl clothes. I've done dresses and Alice's Halloween costume (snow white). It was a lot of fun...

Mary Kelly said...

Good for you! What a fun way to share your talents. I will have to place an order once we find out if it is a boy or girl!

Kristin said...

Your esty shop is VERY nice!! Your family is super cute too but really i think i need a new baby just so i can have an excuse to buy some of your brags!

Amber said...

Tam,
I love your stuff. I need to start doing projects like that too, but sometimes I am just not motivated! Horrible I know. Someday, if I ever have a child will you make me some?!