Blog Design

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who's in?


So, after 3 babies and 4 pregnancies, it is time to shed this accumulated baby weight. I never thought I would be doing this, but I have started training for a 5k. I know I can run at least 1.5 miles, so only half more to go. Holly Hull told me about the Disneyland 5k family fun run in August. That sounded far enough away for me to learn to love running in 3 months. So I am in week 2 of my training program. If you want to join me in a quest for pre-baby bodies check out the training program by Hal Higdon.

Here is the info on the Disneyland 5K.

6 comments:

Jill Duncan said...

Im in!!!! until August 29th comes, and I realize that there's NO way I can do this! :)

jenn said...

i hear ya on losing the baby weight. i've lost all 50 from my last pregnancy, plus another 7, but still have 15 more i want to lose. my sis-in-law is running in the same race. good luck!

Amber said...

Tam,
Hooray! You will love running :) okay, maybe not love it but you can totally do it. You should check out this website that tells the story of my old principal who has lost 100 pounds (not that you need to loose that much) I wish I could come run with you. I need a running buddy!
http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/271068/

jenn said...

i just have to tell you that when i go to your blog and hear your music playing it is so WEIRD for me. why? because we never listened to music together (obviously, as missionaries), and it's weird to realize that you like music other than gospel music! i know, duh, but it strikes me that way every time i go to your blog.

The Hull Family said...

Thanks for this post Tamarah! I am excited about this 5k all over again! I printed out the training schedule, made a few modifications, and will be starting the training myself. Jill and I are going to try and do some training together. Maybe we could all set up some times to work out together. I'm all for losing some extra weight!

Boons said...

That's great, Tamarah! Hope you are having fun doing it! Good luck next month!!!