Blog Design

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Blessing Day

Blessing days are always special!

With each additional child, getting to church on time becomes a bit more challenging, especially balancing feeding times with other kids needing help too.  But we made it on time today!  Thank goodness Grandpa & Grandma Bartmess were here to help! During the blessing Jeff said Zoe was a bit wiggly, but I didn't hear a peep from our seats.  It was great to have some friends stand in the circle with Jeff and Dale - Jeff Allbee, Kevin Lauderman and Paul Duncan, Brother Hardy & Bishop Nol. 

Jeff thought it would be neat to share pictures from the blessing day of each child so far.  Each girl has worn the same dress.  I was told of a tradition that you embroider the names of each child blessed in the dress on to the dress.  I might consider that, especially if we continue having only girls!

Zoe Olivia Bartmess - Blessed June 1, 2008
5 weeks 4 days old

Norah Katherine Bartmess - Blessed July 3, 2005
5 weeks 6 days old

Eliza Rae Bartmess - Blessed September 7, 2003
3 weeks 4 days old


4 comments:

Jill Duncan said...

I love blessing days- babies in all white is so wonderful. Zoe's blessing was so beautiful- Jeff did a great job. I love the pictures of all your girls on their blessing day. I used to think that Zoe looked like Eliza, but now after seeing her baby picture I see that I am totally wrong. (Eliza had a lot of black hair)

oh- and you and Jeff haven't changed a bit since Eliza was born!

Maia said...

I love seeing all 3 girls on their blessing days! I used the same dress for Hannah and Kirstine to be blessed in but when Larissa was blessed 4 years later the dress had gotten stained somehow, I was so sad. I even had it in the plastic garmet bag.

Britanny said...

Dang, you have CUTE girls! What a sweet family...

jenn said...

Tamarah!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I've been wondering about you and the email address I've had for you didn't work. Congrats on ALL your beautiful children! And so sorry to hear about your loss of Spencer Mark. Must have been so hard. But, glad to hear that you've been able to heal with the gospel knowledge you have. I'm sending love and prayers your way and crossing my fingers that things will work out for you job-wise. Keep posting and I'll keep reading. Sarah MacDonald (Mugleston) has a blog. It's muglestons.blogspot.com. Can't remember anyone else's right now.